Monday, March 11, 2013

Bob


This is Bob.
Hi Bob.


These are the remains of the vase Bob broke.
RIP vase.


Below is the poem I wrote to explain the tragedy of the broken blue vase.

~*~*~*~*~

The Demise of the Blue Vase
or
It's All Bob's Fault

'Twas late upon the hour, a cool and dark spring night

When the Sitter and her sisters, alarmed, jumped up in fright!

A "CRASH!" resounded through the house, so loud and so suspicious

That they thought, "Intruders! Interlopers! Or possibly the dishes!"

A-thundering down the stairs they came, and saw Bob in disgrace - 

Upon the mantle he had jumped, and there upset the vase!

"Rapscallion! What a mess!" They cried, and Bob looked up, abashed.

As they searched for a vacuum, he opportunely dashed.

The vase was such a beauty, suffering such a tragic end,

And therefore our condolences we most sincerely send.

The end.

~*~*~*~*~

(If I were them, I would forgive me.)

~*~*~*~*~

Update: Mrs. Employer texted me yesterday: "BTW, I loved the poem!" Phew.

4 comments:

  1. Jessibus!! I just read this! So funny! I love Bob. :) But what I really want to know is this: how do I follow you so that you show up on my dashboard when you write new blogs? Because honestly, if I can't follow you, I will forget to ever come here and read your awesome stories... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ani, first copy my blog url. Then go to your Dashboard, and right under "Reading List" there should be a button that says "Add". Click on that and paste my blog url into the right box, and voila! You are following me. :)I am following you, btw, and just saw that there is a new Ani post, and am so excited to read it in a moment!

      Also, another blog worth following if you aren't already is Seraphic Singles. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay it worked! Thanks Jessi! <3

    ReplyDelete

Kindness and courtesy at all times, please.